ACTIVAGE is a European Project, funded within Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme. It is a European Multi Centric Large-Scale Pilot on Smart Living Environments which main objective is the building of European IoT ecosystem across 9 Deployment Sites (DS) in seven European countries by using proprietary IoT platforms, technologies and standards, and integrating new interfaces needed to provide interoperability across these heterogeneous platforms in order to provide IoT based Active & Healthy Ageing solution and services. From the technological point of view, ACTIVAGE aims at delivering the ACTIVAGE IoT Ecosystem Suite (AIOTES).
During ACTIVAGE project two Open Calls have been planned in order to develop additional solutions and services to be integrated in the AIOTES platform in order to test and assess its effectiveness and usefulness. Gruppo SIGLA participated with FÍLOS in the first Open Call, Challenge “Analytics Intelligence”, for the pilot sites of Valencia (ES) and Woquaz (DE), and it has been accepted.
The main goal of FÍLOS is the development of a mobile technologies, based IoT platform making extensive use of machine learning and big data instruments, to provide a solution supporting some memory related capacities of elderlies so that they will be endowed with a longer period of life characterized by independence and activeness both in:
- the physical sense, i.e. the capability to efficiently take care of their daily routine;
- the social inclusion sense, i.e. taking care of daily routine elderlies will interact with many people and furthermore the system will make them aware of city events.
- Aid memory (remember to remember);
- Encourage the social life and eventual involvement into city life;
- Enabling the extension of individual’s monitoring to cognitive aspects.
The Role of Gruppo SIGLA
Gruppo SIGLA is leading the development of FÍLOS project as whole. The activities are:The project will be finished within the end of January 2020. Three FÍLOS realises are expected: at the end of July, at the end of October and on December.